Canadian Home Sales Ease In September
OTTAWA — According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity eased in September 2015 from the month before.
* National home sales declined by 2.1% from August to September.
* Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity edged up 0.7% compared to September 2014.
* The number of newly listed homes retreated 2.1% from August to September.
* The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
* The MLS Home Price Index (HPI) rose 6.9% year-over-year in September.
* The national average sale price rose 6.1% on a year-over-year basis in September; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.9%.
* The number of homes trading hands via MLS Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations fell by 2.1 per cent in September 2015 compared to August.