CREA: Canadian Home Sales Rebound In October
OTTAWA — According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales increased in October 2015 from the previous month.
* National home sales rose by 1.8% from September to October.
* Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was little changed (+0.1%) compared to October 2014.
* The number of newly listed homes was up 0.9% from September to October.
* The Canadian housing market remains balanced overall.
* The MLS Home Price Index (HPI) rose 6.7% year-over-year in October.
* The national average sale price rose 8.3% on a year-over-year basis in October; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.5%.
* The number of homes trading hands via MLS Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose by 1.8 percent in October 2015 compared to September. As a result, national activity stood near the peak recorded earlier this year and reached the second-highest monthly level in almost six years.